You know your life is messed up when:
1. You best friend with whom you used to spend every free hour talking about the most inane and inconsequential things, has become one of the friends who sometimes drops by for an occasional visit to catch up.
2. Your other best friend with who you really bonded over with in the past couple of months, is leaving town in another fifteen days. And she has a job. And she’ll be rich. And she’ll be in Delhi :|
3. The song that has been running in your head all day is “Ooh la la”. And you're singing it with a lot of gusto (The horror!)
4. Compared to older times when you used to read 3-4 books in a week, now you take more than two weeks to finish an 800 page long book, thanks to your ever decreasing attention span.
5. You try to solve the GK section of a mock test paper for an oncoming exam and you score an 8 on 40.
6. Your dreams continue to get more and more peculiar. And not in the funny way. In the creepy way.
7. You procrastinate so much, that you can even manage to procrastinate procrastination.
8. Your bestest best friend lives miles away and you hate life because you can’t see him every living moment of every day.
9. It’s awkward when you go through your entire phone book and you feel like there’s no one who’d understand.
10. You sometimes feel so lost and confused that even writing doesn’t help. Nor does sleeping or music or talking.
You know life isn’t that bad after all, when:
1. That best friend is still going to be there even if you don’t study together or share midnight snacks and she’s still going to laugh her guts out every time you tell her that when you look at peahens you feel sad, because they look incomplete.
2. The other best friend will always be a call or ping away and she’ll repeatedly tell you that you have long legs (though she has the shiny ones) and that you look good in anything you wear.
3. Sometimes singing and dancing to lame songs can be one of the most fun things to do. Also watching English movies dubbed in Hindi :D
(I once saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix in Hindi and boy, was it a riot.
“Harry pe tampishaachon ne shikanja kass liya hai!”) :D
4. Books are never going to run away. Time will. Time to devour all the books you’ve always wanted to read.
5. You know you suck at GK. Do something about it or just suck it up!
6. Sometimes after the dreams are almost forgotten, you can just laugh about them and say “Yeah well, you guys are just dreams y’know."
7. Maybe you can try to start thinking about procrastinating less. After you finish writing this post, maybe?
8. Your bestest best friend (Chee) will love you no matter what, and send you edited pictures of you that will make you look all pretty. Like this one:
And will have the funniest things to say like “I’ll talk to you later. I’m going to open this book and do things to it now.”
And you will never have sane pictures together:
9. Actually if you think about it there will always be that one pestering, but somehow sweet and mostly harmless guy who will send you his kid pictures to cheer you up. And they WILL be intolerably cute.
Seriously, no one is allowed to look this cute man!
And there will always be that guy who tries to be the wise one and he'll give you all sorts of gyaan when you go on one of your “I don’t understand why this happens to me” rants. And he’ll tell you that he thinks you’re wonderful and whacky and blah blah till you grin like a chimp.
10. Sometimes you also know that it’s okay to feel lost and confused. It’s okay to feel let down and downtrodden. And that feeling will eventually go away
In addition, chocolate always helps! So do good-hair and cute-face days!
Also, check out this pic of Chee’s cousin’s baby girl, Sarayu:
|Why can't I eat her?!|
Isn’t she the cutest baby you’ve ever seen on the entire planet? Seriously, sometimes I feel I may be a baby-cannibal.
Okay, time to study and time to beat procrastination in the shins!
Off I go!
*“Chu na na chu na na, chu na na chu na na, ab main javaan ho gayi”*